Since my husband gets paid once a week and our schedule can vary week-to-week we decided to make a meal schedule once a week and go grocery shopping every week. Not that I like going to Wal-Mart, but it seems to save us from throwing tons of food away because we aren’t home and saves us money! I like both of those options. One thing I have done for awhile is create a meal schedule for the week.
Well if you are like me you are scrambling around and trying to find something for dinner. I hate…I mean HATE to cook (just ask my husband), but I want to eat healthier and save money. I am going to start posting my weekly meal schedule here. Hopefully you will be able to find some new recipes to try and this will help your family as well.
This week’s meal plan is as follows (No fancy pictures yet but hopefully they will be here soon!)
Monday: Crockpot 3-Packet Shoulder Steak with a side of corn
I use my fancy slow cooker liners from Reynolds
1. Place shoulder steak in crockpot
2. Mix 1 cup of water with the following packets
1. Brown Gravy Mix
2. Italian Dressing Dry Mix
3. Ranch Dressing Dry Mix
3. Pour the mixture over the steak
4. Set on low and cook for 6-8 hours
Tuesday: Grilled Cheese & Soup
Wednesday: Chicken Pot Pie
1. Cut 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts into small cubes
2. Add a tablespoon of butter to a skillet on medium
3. Cook chicken until white on the outside
4. Mix chicken with 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1/4 cup of milk, 1 pkg of mixed vegetables
5. Place a pie crust (I purchase a pkg of 2 from Pillsbury) at the bottom of a pie pan
6. Pour in chicken mixture
7. Place a pie crust over mixture and pinch the sides (cut a couple of holes in the top crust)
8. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes
9. After completely cooked place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes
Thursday: BBQ Pork
1. One boneless pork lion – I usually get a pork that is around 2lbs.
2. Place pork lion into crockpot (I use my liners again!)
3. Add about 1 1/2 cups of water
4. Sprinkle black pepper over the pork lion
5. Set crockpot to low and cook 6-8 hours
6. Once cooked shred the pork and add BBQ sauce to your taste
5. Serve with hamburger buns and my husband’s favorite Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream chips
Friday: Eat Leftovers from the week.
Saturday & Sunday: We don’t generally have any meals planned because we usually go out on of these days or we eat what’s in the house.
If you have any recipes you would like to share comment below and we can all try them out!